Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, valuation, financial restructuring, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 15 years, and the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of European and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2015, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, and we’ve been ranked No. 1 for U.S. transactions under $1 billion for the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
Our Corporate Finance business consists of industry-specific investment banking groups that provide us with a deep understanding of our client’s business and positioning before we are even engaged in a transaction. Combined with this market penetration is our international presence throughout Europe, the United States, and the Asia-Pacific region. In Europe, we work with a wide spectrum of companies, from mid-market privately owned enterprises to large multinational organizations. With offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, and Paris, along with global reach and in-depth knowledge across a broad range of industries, we have the breadth and targeted expertise that lead to solid client service.
Throughout the year, Houlihan Lokey Leonardo offers 3 month internship opportunities at their Amsterdam office. The internship is an excellent opportunity to work alongside investment bankers in a stimulating environment on various M&A, Debt or Equity advisory assignments for clients in various industries.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training. Throughout your internship, you will get similar levels of exposure as a first-year analyst, assisting in the preparation of materials for clients, conducting market, industry and company analyses. Furthermore you will gain experience in financial modelling, valuation analyses and supporting the due diligence processes.
Qualifications / Requirements
- You must either be an under graduate, in you final year of study, or studying for a Masters, and still be in full time education during your internship
- You will have a strong academic track record and must be studying for, or achieved, a degree in accounting, economics and or finance
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential
- A demonstrated interest in M&A
- Previous internship experience within investment banking and / or related fields, which is essential
- International experience is also desirable, but not essential
- You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
Houlihan Lokey aims to attract talented students who share our passion for excellence and commitment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Geïnteresseerd in deze vacature? Neem dan contact met ons op via het onderstaande contactformulier. Wij nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op. Indien mogelijk ontvangen we ook graag direct jouw CV. Graag verwijzen wij je naar ons Privacy Statement dat wij volgen bij het verwerken van jouw gegevens.