Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a leading global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, valuation and financial restructuring. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide from 39 offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. For the last 5 years, Houlihan Lokey has advised on more M&A transactions than any other investment bank in the world (549 deals in 2021). Furthermore, its restructuring practice has also been 1# for the past 20 years (having advised on 12 of the 15 largest bankruptcies, including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and Enron). For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Throughout the year, Houlihan Lokey offers 3 month internship opportunities at their Amsterdam office. The internship is an excellent opportunity to work alongside investment bankers in a stimulating environment on various M&A, Debt or Equity advisory assignments for clients in various industries.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training. Throughout your internship, you will get similar levels of exposure as a first-year analyst, assisting in the preparation of materials for clients, conducting market, industry and company analyses. Furthermore you will gain experience in financial modelling, valuation analyses and supporting the due diligence processes.
Qualifications / Requirements
- You must either be an under graduate, in you final year of study, or studying for a Masters, and still be in full time education during your internship
- You will have a strong academic track record and must be studying for, or achieved, a degree in accounting, economics and or finance
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential
- A demonstrated interest in M&A
- Previous internship experience within investment banking and / or related fields, which is essential
- International experience is also desirable, but not essential
- You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
Houlihan Lokey aims to attract talented students who share our passion for excellence and commitment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Geïnteresseerd in deze vacature? Neem dan contact met ons op via het onderstaande contactformulier.