Analyst – Coverage – Financial Institutions Group (FIG),
Netherlands (Paris based)
The role of an Analyst in Banking & Corporate Finance at Santander is two-fold. One part is focused on building Corporate Finance skills to be able to pitch and execute strategic, financing and treasury mandates. The other part is focused on building Client Relationship Management skills to build, sustain, and monetise global relationship with clients. You will support our FIG team in managing client relationships in the Netherlands (banks, insurers and asset managers). Unique in this offering is the fact that you will initially be based in Paris – home to one of the global hubs of Santander – where the junior bankers of the B&CF team operate and support the senior bankers based in Amsterdam.
Client Relationship Management – assisting Bankers in their global coverage responsibilities for large clients:
At Santander, we follow a focused and relationship-driven model with a target portfolio of Corporates, Sponsors, and Financial Institutions. As an Analyst you will support Senior Bankers in originating and executing Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and Transaction Banking mandates. In doing so you will prepare many client meetings, business plans, monitoring performance in terms of client profitability and absolute revenue targets (involved in all internal and external aspects of transactions, e.g., client pitches, credit documentation, risk & business committees). The successful candidate must (i) be eager to work on projects in a large, diverse, and global organization within a challenging and dynamic business environment and (ii) demonstrate intellectual curiosity in delivering a wide scope of solutions ranging from M&A advisory to ECM, DCM, Syndicated Loans, Acquisition Finance, Structured Finance, Working Capital Solutions, FX, etc.
Corporate Finance – actively support in origination and execution of mandates:
An important part of the role is the day-to-day execution of strategic mandates. For example, the execution of portfolio acquisitions for our clients or equity capital market transactions. Therefore, it will be crucial to develop core Corporate Finance skills to support these activities both from an origination as from an execution perspective.
Santander’s value proposition:
You will become part of a truly entrepreneurial, international, and multicultural working environment. Santander offers an opportunity to join a globally leading Corporate and Investment Bank with a competitive and ambitious team. As an Analyst you will work alongside experienced Senior Bankers, gaining excellent exposure, experience and inclusion in the whole process of winning and closing deals across different products and services. Additionally, you will receive training and mentoring by seasoned Bankers to develop world class investment banking and relationship management skills. Santander will help you to grow your career in a large, diverse and global organisation in a challenging and dynamic business environment.
Santander CIB Netherlands team:
You will join the Santander Netherlands CIB team which has been set up recently in October 2020. You will be part of a young, dynamic and driven team with international and seasoned Senior Bankers. The mandate of SCIB in the Netherlands is to further expand the Santander franchise in the Netherlands both in the Corporate and FIG space so the corporate culture is truly entrepreneurial with the support and capabilities of a well-established global organisation. Your mission within the team will be to:
- Assist Senior Bankers to further develop relationships with clients (banks, insurers, asset managers and FinTechs)
- Draft presentations for internal and external purposes, in collaboration with product teams (DCM, ECM, Securitisation, Cash Management, Markets…).
- Ensure that your clients are approved on credit risk level (annual review of each account’s credit lines or adhoc requests) and regulatory (KYC, MIFID II etc) processes liaising with the dedicated teams
- Interact with Santander’s network around the world to ensure coordinated marketing efforts
- Manage the budget; assist in elaborating strategic and commercial plan
- Work on internal research and strategic projects such as conducting relative mapping exercises, explore relative product capability and distribution, etc.
- Experience in Investment Banking, Capital Markets or Treasury Products (including internships).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of key products (such as: financing, capital markets, derivatives, cash management and securities services)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details
- Ability to work in a truly international environment
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Coverage of Financial Institutions is a plus
- Languages: Proficiency in English is required. Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and/or French are a plus